Sunday = Time for a Shout Out. Let's do this!
So a couple of weeks ago I found myself in tea heaven after the wonderful Samantha Ross from Sage Birth & Beyond sent me some of her delightful organic teas.
Lucky for Mama's in Toowoomba Organic Tea isn't Sam's only *bag* (see what I did there!) Sam is also a Birth Doula, currently completing a mentorship with Anna Watts from Celebration of Birth.
Sam is passionate about supporting and educating parents about birth and believes that "Having a 'good birth experience' isn't about everything going to plan, it's not just vaginal birth vs cesarean. It's about how the birth made you feel."
Can I get that made into a T-shirt?!
The it was the birth of her second baby which sprung Sam into action;
Circumstances meant I didn't have continuity of care and evidently I had a birth that left me feeling powerless and traumatized. After my sons birth, I felt the calling to become a doula. I know that having a familiar and trusting face in the birth room can make a huge difference and that I could help women to feel all the things that I missed out on feeling: safe, empowered, loved, and respected.
Sam is bang on, every new piece of research shows that continuity of care is crucial to better outcomes pre and post natal for Mum and Bub.
If you're a Toowoomba Mum-to-be sitting on fence, take a look at some of the ways Sam can support you post-partum.
- Parenting advice for first time parents (information about feeding/sleeping/basic newborn needs)
- light housework (laundry/clean the floors/wash the dishes etc)
- cook you a nutritious dinner of your choice in your home (you provide the ingredients or I can purchase them for an extra fee)
- watch the children so you can nap/shower/take a breather (I have a blue card and first aid certificate)
- come with you on an outing to assist you and help to build your confidence (Especially if you are nervous about breastfeeding publically).
- give you non-judgmental support and advice, or just to listen.
- refer you to outside support for any issues you may be experiencing.
- go grocery shopping for you.
- offer ideas for bonding with and soothing your newborn (Including basic infant massage)
- provide healing herbal products for you and baby.
You can find detailed information about Sage Birth & Beyond and the Pre & Post Natal Packages on offer on their website. And as always stay connected with Sam on Instagram and Facebook.